Happy Friday fit peeps!
I have a treat for you today…..a quick, do anywhere circuit and some awesome travel foods. I know my weekend is jam-packed with activities, so it’s always best to be prepared
Weekend Warrior full body circuit
What you need: some space, a timer (I LOVE the TABATA pro app), dumbbells, water and towel
Start by warming up dynamically, putting the body through its full range of motion.
Light jog for 2 minutes to complete warm up.
NOTE: if any muscles seem overly tight, take a minute to stretch and/or foam roll them!
The Circuit: 10 moves, 40 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest, 30 seconds to prepare, repeat a total of 3 times
- Alternating back lunges
- Alternating side lunge, tapping opposite hand to the floor
- Imaginary (or real) jump rope
- Squat thrust with weights: squat to floor, put weights under shoulders and jump/step back, return back to squat and stand while squeezing glutes
- Sumo squat with a narrow bicep curl (elbows in front of rib cage, weights touching)
- Plank hold
- Stiff legged dead lift with wide (zotman) bicep curl
- Squat with overhead press
You’ll notice that we work MULTIPLE body parts in this workout and hit the legs quite a bit. The reason is because you want to BURN serious calories. Work hard during your 40 seconds and attack each move with intensity. The bonus? Awesome, cellulite-free thighs for you
Travel Friendly Foods:
You’ll find me with any combination of these on the weekend.
- sliced cucumber
- low-sodium lunch meats
- tuna packets (flavored is fine)
- celery, carrots, cherry tomatoes, etc.
- baby foods in pouches (yes! they come in handy and you get your greens)
- pre-grilled chicken, fish or steak
- protein bars (Quest bars and the new MetRX bars are best)
- Kind bars
Be prepared for hunger and crazy cravings while you’re out! Don’t depend on willpower when the Starbuck’s sweets case is staring you down
Hopefully, that helps you with your weekend!
Make sure you sign up for the newsletter to receive the recipe for this week ———–>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>