Let’s face it, we all see to have a season when weight loss is easy and a season when it seems impossible. Usually the easy part comes because we are focused on a new training program or when we have hired some help to point us on the right path. I have found a fool-proof plan to boost my own personal weight loss in just 7 days. Call it the 7 day diet if that floats your boat but really it’s just a way to give my system a break.
You see, when you are always eating some form of processed foods, the body will start to become sluggish until the metabolism is almost at a stand still. I know, I know, you eat clean right? Well, here are some examples of food that can cause the body to build up metabolism slowing toxins when consumed regularly:
- White rice/pastas
- Whey protein shakes ( I know! I love them too)
- Protein bars
- Too many starchy veggies (potatoes)
- Dairy (cheese, milk, creamer, ice cream)
- Red Meat
- Fatty Meats
Ok, so what is left to eat right??? There’s PLENTY if you know what you are doing.
My eating plan during these 7 days is pretty basic. I generally have a whole foods smoothie for breakfast, a large salad and fish for lunch, and a soup for dinner. I try to stick to mostly veggies for snack
What is a whole foods smoothie? Well, I don’t use any powders really. If I find myself severely lacking in energy (which usually doesn’t happen) then Shakeology would be the only supplemental food source I would let in the diet. My go-to whole foods smoothie looks like this:
- 1 cup coconut/almond blend milk, plain with no sweeteners
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 banana
- handful of berries
- handful of spinach
- 1 tsp ground flax-seed
- 1 tsp ground chai seeds
- 1/8 avocado (OK, I lie….it’s more like 1/4 or more!)
- Blend all in blender, add water to make thinner, ice to make thicker
Lunchtime salads call for something filling. My latest obsession is the rubbed kale salad:
- 2 cups trimmed kale greens
- 1 tbsp + extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp local honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- diced fresh rosemary
- place washed greens in bowl and massage them with olive oil (your skin will feel FABULOUS afterwards), set aside for 20-30 mins or make ahead of time. Add lemon juice, sea salt, rosemary and honey, stir and serve with fish of choice. NOTE: if you don’t dig fish, feel free to serve with some chicken or even eggs.
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 1 whole chicken)
- water to cover
- 5-6 celery stalks, washed and chopped
- garlic cloves, minced (as many as you can handle)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 cups small mushrooms, washed
- 6 carrots, washed and chopped
- Cook chicken in water, bringing to a boil, then covering and letting it sit in the hot water for 1 hour.
- Pull chicken out, reserve broth
- In the same pan (broth reserved in another bowl) pour in olive oil, onion, garlic and mushroom. Cook down until onion is transparent.
- Add in celery and carrots, cook until just barely tender
- Add broth back in, then add chopped chicken.
- Bring to a boil then cook on low simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Should make 10-12 full bowl servings
Keep your snacks in the veggie variety to help leave the weight behind. They do not need to be raw veggies all the time, as you can cook them so they are easier on the belly.
Embark on your 7 day journey to slim and get ready for major energy and wellbeing!
BONUS!!!! Skinny Water is great for getting your H2O in and beating bloat. In a large pitcher add a handful of sliced cucumber, some mixed berries and 1 lemon and 1 orange (ALL washed and sliced). Pour filtered water over and let it sit in the fridge overnight. By morning you have fruit flavored goodness waiting to brighten your skin and tighten your waistline!