Today’s post is pretty short and sweet. These are the essentials you will need to stock your kitchen with so that you can promote resilient, tight and glowing skin along with your health and weight loss efforts.
BASE: This is the largest portion of your diet and is NOT to be discounted.
- Leafy greens, such as kale, romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, arugula, spinach, brocoli, brussels sprouts (ok, no leafy, but important), etc.
- Root veggies, such as, parsnips, carrots, beets, even jicama (which can calm a sweet tooth)
- Water filled veggies like cucumber (technically a fruit, but who thinks of it that way?) and celery
- Honeydew and cantaloupe melons, great for breakfast
- Antioxidant rich fruits like berries
- Onions and garlic
- flavorful and skin-clearing herbs, parsley and cilantro
- Lemons (which you’ll be consuming daily)
- Other veg such as eggplant, zucchini and squash
- Cabbage, especially fermented
- Herbal teas
- Healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, sesame oil, and grape seed oil
- Fish! Salmon, cod, tilapia, white fish, etc.
- Farm fresh eggs
- Gluten and yeast-free grains such as brown rice, wild rice, black rice, Ezekiel bread, oats, etc.
- Low-fat Greek yogurt
- Proteins like chicken, lean beef, bison and game, turkey, etc.
- Whole grains such as pastas
- Sweet treats like dark chocolate with 70% cacao
- Red wine, dry such as Cabernet, Merlot or Chianti
- “Snack” and “treat” foods for special occasions (cake, ice cream, chips, crackers, etc.)
This is varied and as we all know…variety is the spice of life
Have a healthy day!