Happy New Year to you and yours!
There’s nothing quite like that FIRST Monday of a brand spanking new year right?
Full disclosure, I’m in my pj’s and seriously contemplating another cup of coffee……and it’s 2 in the afternoon.
I did workout already! Then I showered and put pj’s on, cause that’s how I roll.
In honor of a NEW YEAR, I have some goodies for you today Are you excited? Cause you really should be……
Goodie number ONE:
Resolutions! Are you a resolution maker? Or do you refer to them as goals, life plans, wishes, or dog gone it I will do it this year???? Whatever you want to call them, I have some tips on how to crush your life and come out winning.
- Make it positive. Instead of the bland “I’m going to eat less” (what the heck kind of goal is that anyways?!?!?!?!), try a more positive spin on it. Something like, “I’ll add vegetables to one meal a day” is both positive and doable AND it really does help change your health for the better. Instead of viewing exercise as a chore, put a positive spin on it by trying some new things you might enjoy. Think outside the box and see what happens. Just remember, keep it positive.
- Avoid overcommitment. We all tend to have commitment issues. Those issues seem to be blaringly loud at the start of a fresh year. On New Year’s Eve we vow to hit the gym 5-6 days per week, cut out any and ALL junk food, down our own body weight in water, forgo sugar in any form, and never drink alcohol again…..then we wind up killing ourselves at the gym, hating the fact that one is so easy to get to (cause there goes that excuse), choking down dressing-free salads and dry chicken breast, and forcing a restless sleep out of our bodies. By Friday evening we are crying into the warm arms of a hot pizza, sipping our second glass of wine and binge watching Netflix. We have a food hangover Saturday and simply want to crawl back into bed….SLOW DOWN NELLY! The problem isn’t the commitments, but the amount of them. Changing EVERYTHING overnight is a shock to all of your systems and you end up overcommitting and underdelivering. Then, you just feel poorly about yourself. The fix? Focus on ONE habit change per week and you’re SURE to see results.
- Pay the MOST attention to the small stuff. Did you know that there truly are only 4 things that matter when it comes to fat loss and physique goals???? No lie. They are simple things that can change EVERYTHING for you once you learn to pay attention to them and master them. So why aren’t people everywhere focusing on these things and seeing results? Because these things aren’t flashy and don’t come with free T-shirts. They seem way too easy, but I am here to tell you this is what counts! Want to know them? Of course you do! Simple….
1) Quality nutrition
2) Mindful movement that includes the foundations of strength training, cardio, and flexibility
4) Stress reduction techniques
Four simple things that yield BIG results. It may seem too simple to work, but it’s in the simplest things that we create the most effective habits.
Confused where to start? I’ll be offering an online challenge group to help you master the basics and you can sign up for information at the end of the post.
Goodie number two:
I’ve been working out at home lately (forgoing the gym for the time being) due to some medical issues and just the fact that I’m a bit of a homebody.
So, here are a few of my very FAVORITE things happening right now to help you see your very best self
BEST website for all things weightlifting: bodybuilding.com
My favorite blog of the moment: Thrive Personal Fitness
Awesome workout STREAMS: Beachbody On Demand I like P90X2 and X3. They do NOT offer the newest releases of other workouts, but old favorites (I do a lot of TurboFire) are on there and the cost is better than most streams
My favorite YOGA channel: Yoga with Adriene
Supps I’m Into: ONNIT I like the alpha brain, Matcha tea and coconut oil
OK, that should keep you rolling for now!
Get this year off to a good start…..even if you’re lucky enough to be in your jammies
If you want to know when the next ONLINE challenge starts and what it’s all about, hit me up here….